Easy Pace Russia with Christmas Markets (Winter 2017-18)
AUTHENTIC REGIONAL FLAVOURS
- Moscow: Join in a fun-filled Celebration Dinner that straddles the culinary East to West divide and includes drinks to toast to your new-found friends.
- 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) both with wine, plus tea or coffee. 7 Jan departure is on tour for Russian Orthodox Christmas and will enjoy a festive Welcome Dinner.
- St. Petersburg: Sightseeing with a Local Expert will show you St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Decembrists’ Square, the great Cathedral of Kazan and the Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
- St. Petersburg: With a Local Expert, visit St. Catherine’s Palace and the Amber Room. Learn the history of the city at Peter and Paul fortress.
- St. Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the spectacular Hermitage Museum - one of the world’s great repositories of European art and housed in the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars.
- Moscow: With a Local Expert, explore one of Moscow’s opulent Metro stations.
- Moscow: A Local Expert will show you this wonderful city. Tour Moscow’s Red Square and see the iconic St. Basil’s Cathedral as well as Lenin’s Mausoleum.
- Moscow: Walk inside the walls of the Kremlin Fortress with your Local Expert.
STAY AT THE BEST ADDRESSES
- St. Petersburg: The Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge is centrally located on Vasilyevsky Island, the historical centre of St. Petersburg. Parts of the hotel date back to the mid-19th century and have been renovated from what was once the wine cellars of the famous Eliseev family.
- Moscow: Perfectly located on the main street of Moscow, leading directly to Red Square and the Kremlin, the Marriott Grand Hotel features comfortable rooms with an art deco touch.
TOP RATED HIGHLIGHTS
- St. Petersburg Christmas Markets: Russian Christmas Markets are unique. St. Petersburg brings to life the traditions and festivities from the regions of Russia, combined with those from around the globe.
- Moscow Christmas Markets: The entire city is involved in the celebration of the season with each of Moscow’s districts adding their own influence to the fair. Rare, handcrafted treasures are waiting to be found, while soul-warming, local and global foods will keep the cold at bay.
- High Speed Train: ‘Sapsan’ in Russian means ‘falcon’. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail, from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.